Applying for Funding
VCDP accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, it is recommended that you submit your application prior to the target dates listed below for the corresponding board meeting. For more information see — *Guidance on Applying. Timeline for the review process.
2022 Community Development Board Meetings (July 2022-June 2023)
|Target Dates for Pre-App||Public Hearing Notice Dates||Public Hearing Dates||Submission Date for Application||CD Board Meeting Schedule|
|Jul. 24, 2022||Aug. 24, 2022||Sep. 8, 2022||Sep. 13, 2022||Nov. 10, 2022|
|Dec. 18, 2022||Jan. 18, 2023||Feb. 2, 2023||Feb. 7, 2023||Apr. 6, 2023|
|Feb. 22, 2023||Mar. 22, 2023||Apr. 6, 2023||Apr. 11, 2023||Jun. 8, 2023|
2021 Community Development Board Meetings (July 2021-June 2022)
|*Target Dates for Submission||CD Board Meeting Schedule|
|Sept. 21, 2021||Nov. 18, 2021|
|Apr. 12, 2022||Jun. 9, 2022|
Resources to assist in the VCDP grant application process:
- VCDP Pre-Application Form (pdf) - Email form to your Community Development Specialist
- Program Guide (pdf)
- Environmental Review
- Implementation Grant (IG) Instructions (pdf)
- Planning Grant (PG) Instructions (pdf)
- Accessibility Modification (AM) Instructions (pdf)
- Scattered Site (SS) Instructions (pdf)
- Grant Application Assistance
- VCDP Resources
- Forms and Sample Documents
- Municipality must hold at least one public hearing to provide residents with an opportunity to learn and comment on the proposal. The public hearing notice must appear in a newspaper of general circulation in the area at least 15 days prior to the date the hearing is held (10 V.S.A. § 684) and the public hearing must be held at least 5 days before the application is submitted to the Agency. So long as a physical location is provided for attendees and one member of the public body is present, public hearings may occur as hybrid digital/physical meetings wherein members of the public and/or public body attend in person or digitally. S.222 allows all public meetings to be held entirely digitally until January 15, 2023.
- A municipality must have an adopted municipal plan in place that is in accordance with 24 V.S.A chapter 117, subchapter 5, “Municipal Development Plan”.
- All VCDP applications are submitted by Municipal Officials of their respective municipality.
- All applications are submitted through the Online Grants Management System (GEARS).
- Project eligibility, pre-application, and applications
- Completing the Environmental Review - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to GEARS, creating applications and environmental reviews - email@example.com