Applying for Funding
VCDP accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, it is recommended that you submit your application prior to the target dates listed below for the corresponding board meeting. For more information see — *Guidance on Applying. Timeline for the review process.
2020 Community Development Board Meetings (July 2020-June 2021)
|*Target Dates for Submission||CD Board Meeting Schedule|
|Sept. 8, 2020||Nov. 5, 2020|
|Feb. 9, 2021||Apr. 1, 2021|
|Apr. 13, 2021||Jun. 10, 2021|
Resources to assist in the VCDP grant application process:
- VCDP Pre-Application Form (pdf) - Email form to your Community Development Specialist
- Program Guide (pdf)
- Environmental Review
- Implementation Grant (IG) Instructions (pdf)
- Planning Grant (PG) Instructions (pdf)
- Accessibility Modification (AM) Instructions (pdf)
- Scattered Site (SS) Instructions (pdf)
- Grant Application Assistance
- VCDP Resources
- Forms and Sample Documents
- Municipality must hold at least one public hearing to provide residents with an opportunity to learn and comment on the proposal. Due to the COVID 19 outbreak HUD has approved communities being able to host virtual public hearing meetings provided it meets the public notice 15 day period and is held in real time for community members to able to participate in the meeting.
- A municipality must have an adopted municipal plan in place that is in accordance with 24 V.S.A chapter 117, subchapter 5, “Municipal Development Plan”.
- All VCDP applications are submitted by Municipal Officials of their respective municipality.
- All applications are submitted through the Online Grants Management System (GEARS).
- Project eligibility, pre-application, and applications
- Access to GEARS, creating applications and environmental reviews - firstname.lastname@example.org