Elevate Vermont is a technology-based economic development program designed to catalyze growth in Vermont’s high tech business sector through increased access to targeted technical and research assistance. A mix of technical assistance and grant matching will be available for:
- One-on-one professional support to apply for Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants,
- Matching funds which can be used to offset costs related to commercializing a new product that cannot be supported with Federal SBIR/STTR funds, such as sales and marketing expenses, and
- Access to research institutions that can help solve product development challenges.
Technical Assistance for First Time SBIR/STTR Applicants
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants are available through the Federal government to assist companies with the basic research needed to develop their innovations into marketable products. Each year, eleven Federal agencies participate in this program, including the Department of Defense (DOD) and NASA. While the grants can be significant, up to $250,000 in Phase One funding or $1.5 million in Phase Two funding, the applications can be challenging for emerging or growing businesses to complete successfully.
A company interested in applying for SBIR/STTR funding for the first time, or a company that has applied unsuccessfully, may apply for Elevate Vermont technical assistance to work with a consultant specializing in SBIR/STTR applications, who will help you navigate the application complexities and improve your chances of success.
- Headquartered in Vermont
- Completed and approved program application
- Overall education about the federal SBIR/STTR program
- Gain valuable feedback on proposals
- Hands-on guidance from experienced SBIR/STTR Advisors
Matching Grant (Application COMING SOON)
Companies that are successful in receiving an SBIR/STTR Phase One or Phase Two award may apply for Elevate Vermont Matching Grant funds which can be used to offset expenses related to launching a new product into the marketplace that cannot be supported with the Federal funds. Matching Grant funds may be used for costs associated with marketing, market research, development of sales materials, and other related costs.
- Headquartered in Vermont
- Has recently received a Phase I or II SBIR/STTR award
- Reviewed and accepted application
Innovation Research Partnership Program (Application COMING SOON)
Established companies working to develop a new product line may run into specific problems or challenges that require a level of research or subject matter expertise not available in-house. These companies may apply to participate in the Elevate Vermont Industry Research Partnership Program to work with a researcher from an accredited institution with specialized expertise or substantial understanding of the type of challenge at hand. The Industry Research Partnership Program may offset the cost to pay for this researcher’s time to help you solve your development problem.
Eligibility Requirements: (COMING SOON)