The Multiunit Dwelling Electric Vehicle Charging Grant Program is designed to identify and incentivize the installation of electric vehicle charging solutions the provide convenient, reliable, and affordable access to home charging for residents of multi-unit housing.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
In 2022, the legislature appropriated $10,000,000 to continue funding incentive programs for EV charging. Due to the level of interest in the first round of program funding that was offered in the spring of 2022, at least 30% of these funds will be used to continue and expand the Multiunit Dwelling Electric Vehicle Charging grant program.
Check back here for more information on new funding opportunities, when it becomes available.
Spring 2022 Pilot Program Description
In 2022, the legislature appropriated $1,000,000 in funding to pilot a program to incentivize the installation of charging stations at multi-unit dwelling affordable housing units, making EV home charging access more equitable and affordable for residents in multiunit housing.
The program recently awarded 13 project proposals from affordable and non-profit multiunit housing providers across 8 counties. These projects will result in 84 new Level 2 charging ports at 37 locations, reducing the home charging access barrier to EV ownership for 6,230 homes in affordable multifamily buildings.
Spring 2022 Pilot Program Documents
The full program description can be found here.
Grants up to $80,000 per site, $300,000 per applicant will be awarded, with priority for grant awards given to affordable housing.
The program application can be found here. Applications were due April 1, 2022.
A recording of the informational webinar on the program can be found here.
Slides from the webinar can be found here.
Resources for Grant Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions (Spring 2022)
- Housing Affordability Matrix (Vermont Housing and Finance Agency)
- Electric Vehicle Charging for Your Multi-Family Dwelling (Drive Electric Vermont)
- Resident EV Interest Survey Template (Drive Electric Vermont)
- Multi-Unit Dwelling Electric Vehicle Charging Resources (US Department of Energy)
- Multi-Unit Dwelling Electric Vehicle Charging (Vermont Energy Investment Corporation)
- Multifamily Handbook (Plug-In NC)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installation Guide (Drive Electric Vermont)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Guidebook: Planning for Installation and Operation (Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, June 2014)