The VERI report describes the data gathering, the community ranking process, the community engagement, the review of policies and steps to identify project recommendations. This information is useful to any region or community working to reduce its flood risks and protect its businesses and economy from future floods.
- Acknowledgements and Table of Contents
- Introduction and Overview
- Statewide Assessment of Risk, Economic Activity and Associated Infrastructure
describes the data, collaborators and the step-by-step process used to combine inundation and fluvial erosion flood maps with data on critical infrastructure and key economic assets.
- Screening Process: 251 to 5
describes the methodology to rank and select communities for detailed analysis.
- Partnering with Communities
details how to engage and involve communities in the process to identify policy changes and projects to minimize the economic impact of future floods.
- VERI: Part of the Quilt to Rebuild a Stronger Vermont
summarizes the progress the state has made implementing state policy and program changes that will help our communities and businesses bounce back from the next disaster.
- Tools for Weathering the Storm
a series of concise information sheets, checklists and more advanced tools to help communities and business weather the next storm.