Fair Housing Workshops
Removing Barriers to Strengthen Communities: Affordable Housing and Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing at the Local Level.
The training dates for 2018 are listed below. Trainings will be conducted in Montpelier in the Calvin Coolidge Conference Room, 6th Floor Davis Building, 1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT 05620
October 17 (Wednesday) 2:00pm - 4:00pm
To register call Shaun Gilpin, Dept. of Housing and Community Development, 802-828-1346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “AFFH Training” in the subject line.
This workshop is designed to provide relevant information to municipal officials, realtors, lenders, affordable housing developers and property managers, this workshop will:
- Provide an introduction to Vermont and federal fair housing laws;
- Discuss the current barriers to fair housing choice in Vermont;
- Examine the legal requirements impacting municipal zoning practices;
- Review tools that enable municipalities to comply with those requirements; and
- Explore planning concepts that encourage development of affordable housing.
All municipalities receiving community development grants from the Vermont Community Development Program must complete a Fair Housing Training as a condition of funding. Any municipality dealing with issues such as affordable housing, group homes, residential care facilities, requests for accessibility modifications, or seeking VCDP funding, cannot afford to miss this workshop. See the VCDP Fair Housing Training Policy.
All Fair Housing Trainings are free and open to the public.