Fair Housing Workshops
Removing Barriers to Strengthen Communities: Affordable Housing and Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing at the Local Level.
Next Training - Wednesday, April 28, 2021 from 2-4pm
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311
Access Code: 902-453-557
This workshop is designed to provide relevant information to municipal officials, realtors, lenders, affordable housing developers and property managers. This workshop will:
- Provide an introduction to Vermont and federal fair housing laws;
- Discuss the current barriers to fair housing choice in Vermont;
- Examine the legal requirements impacting municipal zoning practices;
- Review tools that enable municipalities to comply with those requirements; and
- Explore planning concepts that encourage development of affordable housing.
All municipalities receiving community development grants from the Vermont Community Development Program must complete a Fair Housing Training as a condition of funding. Any municipality dealing with issues such as affordable housing, group homes, residential care facilities, requests for accessibility modifications, or seeking VCDP funding, cannot afford to miss this workshop. See the VCDP Fair Housing Training Policy.
All Fair Housing Trainings are free and open to the public.
Any inquiries can be sent to Shaun Gilpin at email@example.com