Submissions to DHCD
For sending Plans and Bylaws to Commissioner of the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), only electronic submissions please:
- Create a searchable PDF of the proposed plan, bylaw or amendment and the reporting form (see instructions below)
- Email it to Jenni Lavoie with the hearing notice and report
Now Allowed - Electronic Submissions of Plans and Bylaws
Effective July 1, 2018, notice of public hearings and the required distribution of municipal and regional plans, bylaws and amendments may now be done electronically, provided the sender has proof of reciept.
- Find the Plan and Bylaw Adoption Tools (pdf) at www.vpic.info
- Complete the required Plan/Bylaw Reporting Form, a written report that describes the changes proposed in the plan or bylaw
- Use the checklist accompanying the Clerks Certificate for ensuring the required public notice procedures are followed - you may use electronic notice rather than registered mail
When the plan, bylaw or amendment is adopted, follow Step 2 by emailing to DHCD as required in 24 V.S.A. § 4445 and make sure your Regional Planning Commission has a copy as well. Also make the plan or bylaw available to the public in the town clerk’s office and post it on the municipal website (if applicable).