July Tourism Media Coverage
02 August 2018
Highlights of recent national and international media coverage of Vermont and our tourism partners include:
- Forbes had two features that gained notice on social media, including Jill Barth’s “Vermont’s Champlain Valley Is One Of America’s Most Interesting Wine Regions” and Micah Soloman’s “How Exclusive Resort Twin Farms Delivers 5-Star Customer Service In The Glorious Middle Of Nowhere.”
- Boston’s WCVB-TV featured the communities of Plainfield, Marshfield, Cabot, and more on its Chronicle program. The show aired on Monday, July 23.
- We also partnered with Cabot to sponsor a featured article on Newsday about our state’s vibrant arts and music scene.
- At REI.com, our growing mountain biking scene received coverage, specifically the building of the Velomont Trail between Killington and Stowe. Killington’s Bike Park earned a feature article in Bike Mag, in time for this week’s Fox US Open of Mountain Biking taking place at the resort.
- Stonecutter’s Spirits was featured in the July/August issue of Martha Stewart Living (and its website) that hit newsstands at the end of May.
- A group of journalists from New Zealand traveled to the state in July. A piece about Stowe’s Trapp Family Lodge ran in the New Zealand Herald.
- Le Journal de Montreal and le Journal de Quebec ran a feature about the Birds of Vermont Museum in Huntington.
- The AP picked up news about the new Lake Champlain Tasting Trail, which ran in 15 national publications. Closer to home, VTDigger.com and WCAX’s the :30 covered the trail.