The Community Recovery and Revitalization Program (CRRP) will award grants to municipalities to assist in funding water supply or wastewater infrastructure that will result in new or rehabilitated affordable housing (as defined in 24 V.S.A. § 4303), or the creation of a new business or the expansion of an existing business that meets or exceeds the prevailing wage for the region.
For the CRRP, an eligible municipality may include:
- A city, town, town school district, incorporated school or fire district or incorporated village, and all other governmental incorporated units.
The municipal applicant will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Provide evidence to support nexus (a connection or link) between the public improvements to be paid for by CRRP funds and the expected private development(s) (affordable housing and/or business development).
- Why the project would not occur or would occur, but it would be in a significantly different and less desirable manner, but for funding from CRRP.
- The project requires substantial public investment over and above the normal municipal operating or bonded debt expenditures.
- The amount of additional time needed to complete the project and the amount of additional cost that might be incurred if the project were to proceed without CRRP funding.
- The anticipated impacts that the proposed project will have on the community where the project is located.
- Readiness level of the project.
- The ability to manage the project.
- Community and regional support for the project.
- Commitment from the developer for the proposed private development (affordable housing or business development).
Initial review of applications will be completed by the Vermont Economic Progress Council (VEPC) staff, to ensure completeness of the application and to assist in determining eligibility. The VEPC Board will review applications at monthly meetings and make recommendations to the State's interagency team. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To learn more about VEPC please visit the VEPC website.
Eligible water supply and wastewater projects can be found by viewing page 37 of the Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Overview of the Final Rule provided by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
The applicant will be required to provide documentation in order to successfully complete their CRRP application. The below list includes the documents that the applicant shall be prepared to provide while completing their application.
- Financial Documents:
- Most recent single audit, if available
- Project Documents:
- Project budget cost estimate schedule
- A map of the proposed water or wastewater project location/boundary
- A letter of commitment from prospective developer
- Project Maps:
- A map of potential new or redeveloped affordable housing project if available or applicable
- A map of potential new business or business expansion
- Letter of Support:
- Letter of Support from the town providing details about whether the proposed infrastructure improvements and projected development or redevelopment are compatible with the local town plan and the community supports the proposed project.
- Letter of support from the Regional Planning Commission (RPC) providing details about whether the proposed infrastructure improvements and projected development or redevelopment are compatible with the regional plan and RPC-approved municipal plan, and whether the project has clear local significance for employment and/or affordable housing.
- Letter of support from the Regional Development Corporation (RDC) providing details about whether the proposed project has a clear local significance.
- Audit Findings:
- If the municipality had or has one or more single audit findings for program noncompliance or internal control deficiency the municipality will be required to upload such findings and provide details regarding how the municipality is addressing those findings.
- A completed copy of an IRS Form W9
- Summary Sheet from the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation's Permit Navigator
For support, including language translation assistance, please email ACCD.CRRP@vermont.gov.
Additional project eligibility and application details for for-profit and nonprofit applicants are outlined at the link below and should be reviewed closely prior to starting the application.