The criteria outlined below will be used to determine eligibility for the New Remote Worker Grant. An eligible applicant is someone who, on or after February 1, 2022:
- Relocated to Vermont, became a full-time resident; and
- Is working full time remotely for an out-of-state employer from a home office or coworking space located within VT; and
- The applicant’s wage equals or exceeds the Vermont livable wage rate as updated 1/15/21 in accordance with 2 V.S.A. §526. Currently, this is $13.39 per/hour; and
- Incurred qualified relocation expenses; and
- Is subject to Vermont income tax
QUALIFYING RELOCATION EXPENSES
Upon successful relocation to Vermont and review of your application, the following qualifying relocation expenses may be reimbursed:
- Closing costs for a primary residence or lease deposit and one month rent,
- Hiring a moving company,
- Renting moving equipment,
- The cost of moving supplies
Incentives are paid out as a reimbursement grant after you have relocated to Vermont. Grants are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have additional questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or email email@example.com.