For many years, annual funding has been provided to support municipal planning projects. This support, in the form of grants, has helped draft and update town plans and bylaws. A complete list of projects funded through the MPG Program between 1998 and 2016 is available here.
Resources for Grant Administrators
MPG Quick Tips
- Grant Administration Guide 2018 - a helpful 2 page guide to administer your 2018 MPG
- Requisition Instructions - provides information on how to requisition grant funds online.
- Progress Report Sample - a tool that can be used to draft responses to progress report questions offline.
- Amendment Instructions - provides instructions for the online grant amendment process.
- Close Out Instructions and Checklist - provides guidance on how to close out your grant.
- FY17 Final Project Report Sample - a tool for FY17 grant recipients that can be used to draft your final report narrative and gather necessary information prior to online submission.
- Sample Press Release - can be used as a template when reporting your grant funding to local news organizations.
- "Amend Your Resolution" Form - designate new municipal officials for your FY16 municipal planning.
- Summary Ledger Model (xls) - this model is useful to succinctly depict grant expenditures.
- GIS Data Form - completed by the consultant and required for each data layer if GIS work was done with MPG funds.
- Procurement Guidance - explains the requirements for selecting a consultant.
- Sample RFP - Request for Proposals template
- Sample RFQ - Request for Qualifications template
- Outreach List - A list of media outlets and websites where you can publicize your RFP or RFQ
- Directory of Consultants (xls) - provides a list of planning consultants that you may want to reach out to for help implementing these grants. Please note that this is simply a list of consultants and does not represent an endorsement from DHCD.
- Sample Contract - Consultant contract template