Fair Housing Workshops
Removing Barriers to Strengthen Communities: Affordable Housing and Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing at the Local Level.
Remaining Training Dates for 2017:
- October 30 - (Monday) 1:00pm to 3:00pm
All trainings will be held at the DHCD offices - Calvin Coolidge Conference Room, Davis Building 6th Floor, 1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT 05620
To register call Shaun Gilpin, Dept. of Housing and Community Development, 802-828-1346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “AFFH Training” in the subject line.
This workshop is designed to provide relevant information to municipal officials, realtors, lenders, affordable housing developers and property managers, this workshop will:
- Provide an introduction to Vermont and federal fair housing laws;
- Discuss the current barriers to fair housing choice in Vermont;
- Examine the legal requirements impacting municipal zoning practices;
- Review tools that enable municipalities to comply with those requirements; and
- Explore planning concepts that encourage development of affordable housing.
All municipalities receiving community development grants from the Vermont Community Development Program must complete a Fair Housing Training as a condition of funding. Any municipality dealing with issues such as affordable housing, group homes, residential care facilities, requests for accessibility modifications, or seeking VCDP funding, cannot afford to miss this workshop.
All Fair Housing Trainings are free and open to the public.