When adopting municipal plans and bylaws, please follow these steps:
- Complete the required Plan/Bylaw Reporting Form, a written report that describes the changes proposed in the plan or bylaw
- Use the checklist accompanying the Clerks Certificate for ensuring the required public notice procedures are followed
- For sending to DHCD, only electronic submissions please.
- Create a searchable PDF of the proposed plan, bylaw or amendment and the reporting form (instructions)
- Email it to Jenni Lavoie with the hearing notice and report
- When the plan, bylaw or amendment is adopted, follow Step 2 by emailing to DHCD as required in 24 V.S.A. § 4445 and make sure your Regional Planning Commission has a copy as well
- Make the plan or bylaw available to the public in the town clerk’s office and post it on the municipal website (if applicable).