July 2, 2019
Highlights of recent national and international media coverage of Vermont and our tourism partners include:
- Through press visits in conjunction with Hotel Vermont and VDTM, Oprah Magazine featured Vermont in an article titled: A Vermont Road Trip Reminded Me That Some of the Best Travel Is Here in the U.S.
- The Associated Press of VT/NH/Maine posted a story on a new northern border mountain biking initiative, called “Bike Borderlands”, bringing economic activity to rural areas and spoke with VDTM, VMBA, and Kingdom Trails who are a part of the network.
- The website Fatherly featured Vermont’s Chittenden Brook Hut as one of the 25 best remote vacation spots in the country. It was chosen for its access to outdoor recreation in all four seasons right out the door of the remote hut.
- VDTM hosted NYC travel writers on a tour of Windsor, White River, and Woodstock. Cool Hunting, one of those in attendance posted two article this week from the trip. One about the Northern Stage Theater and another about Andrew Pearce Bowls.
- The Associated Press published an article of Vermont’s worker recruitment efforts, highlighting Beth Dow and the Remote Worker program. The article also touched on programs in Maine and Wyoming.
- The Boston Globe featured Vermont’s worker recruitment efforts, including Remote Worker, Stay to Stay, and Choose Vermont Scholarship Program. It ran on the front page of the print edition.
- Economic Development Bill Signing was covered in a positive manner on VPR, WPTZ, and WCAX.
- Vermont’s new worker incentive program was featured as an exclusive in Fast Company.
- Forbes featured the community of White River Junction, an area recently highlighted by VDTM on a traveler writer press trip, under the headline “Why A Tiny Vermont Town Could Be A Model For Impactful Real Estate Investing”.
- Modern Farmer featured La Garagista Wines under the headline, “This Farmer is Making Some of the Most Coveted Wines in America”
- Money Management tool and app MINT, featured Vermont’s worker incentive programs for digital nomads.
- The blog Follow Summer featured Vermont as one of the ten best places in the world to vacation this summer.
- In an itinerary arranged by VTDM and the Bennington Chamber, travel writer Jennifer Cunningham wrote an article for AM New York titled “What to see and do in Southern Vermont this summer”.
- Golfing Magazine featured Vermont, describing it as sublime during the summer months.
- Bloggers, The Two Drifters, recently visited Burlington naming the best the 25 Best Things to Do in Town.
- Yankee magazine profiled Shaun Hill, founder and owner of Hill Farmstead Brewery.