January Tourism Media Coverage
07 February 2019
Highlights of recent national and international media coverage of Vermont and our tourism partners include:
- NPR’s Here & Now program featured VDTM Stay to Stay Weekends, speaking with Commissioner Knight and a recent Vermont resident whole relocated through the Stay to Stay Weekend.
- Bon Appetit featured Vermont winemaker Krista Scruggs and her Zafa wines, calling it the most exciting wine being made in the country right now.
- A recent ranking of the 25 best colleges to attend if you are a skier was released and Middlebury College ranked #1, while UVM, ranked #14, was named the top college in the country for skiers.
- Vermont was named the Craft Beer Capital of America. The story was picked up by multiple outlets including Boston.com.
- Ski Magazine named Stowe 2019’s Best Ski Town in North America.
- Vermont ski areas Killington and Bromley were featured prominently in an article on Axios for their renewable energy efforts. Axios covers politics, technology, science, and energy.
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine named Eden Cider’s Eleanor Legers as one of the “The Women Leading American Cider Forward”.
- New England Magazine featured Grafton, Vermont as a great town to visit.
- The Boston Herald named Spruce Peak Lodge in Stowe a New England escape non-skiers with love.
- MSN Travel named Woodstock one of the most charming winter towns in America.
- Hill Farmstead has once again been named the best brewery in the world by RateBeer.com.