Fall/Winter Tourism Media Coverage
08 January 2020
Highlights of recent national and international media coverage of Vermont and our tourism partners include:
- USA Today named Stowe’s annual Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin Festival No. 1 in its list of Top 10 Fall Festivals in the U.S.
- East Burke’s Kingdom Trails was named one of the top five mountain biking spots in the U.S. by Off the Record Sports.
- Forbes featured Vermont in two articles. One covered how historic preservation and tax incentives help preserve Vermont’s beautiful downtowns and village centers. The other was a tourism feature on why Vermont is a great place to visit, no matter the season.
- Newsday, one of the largest news sites serving Long Island, posted a travel feature on the Vermont Cheese Trail.
- OffMetro, targeting New York City residents using Amtrak, posted two articles: Why Waterbury is the best year-round destination in Vermont and the Five Towns to Visit by Train this Fall.
- Fall in Vermont was featured in Yankee Magazine and Conde Naste Traveler.
- Fox News featured a story about the growing agri-tourism sector in Vermont.
- Stowe was featured in Outside Magazine’s “Where to Ski in 2020” feature.
- USA Today’s Great American Bites featured Burlington’s Honey Road restaurant.
- Chronicle, a Boston area news magazine produced this video about their trip to Arlington, Vermont.
- Travel & Leisure wrote a story about the eight best ski resorts in Vermont.
- The Washington Post wrote a travel piece featuring things to do in Burlington.
- Travel and Leisure wrote about the eight best ski resorts in Vermont.
- The Boston Globe wrote an article about tree farms in New England and turning cut your own tree into a vacation. Paine’s and Upper Valley Tree farm were featured.
- The New York Times recommended many Vermont ski resorts in their winter travel round-up.
- Burlington was named one of 24/7 Wall Street’s 30 most underrated food cities.
- The Journal de Montreal wrote features on Billings Farm and Museum and Dog Mountain.