Local Leadership in Economic Development Workshop
This workshop is designed to help Vermont’s local elected officials and decision makers learn about opportunities to grow their communities while maintaining their distinctive characters and quality of life. Presentations will include data on economic trends in the state, case studies, and information about available tools and resources. Members of legislative bodies (selectboards, city councils, and village trustees), town and city managers, administrators, and municipal staff who lead economic development and planning departments and others are encouraged to attend. Click here to register.
• What is Economic Development at the Local Level?
• Local Economic Development Case Studies: Success Stories and Lessons Learned from Vermont Cities & Towns
• Lunch Speaker: Ted Brady, Deputy Secretary, Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development
• The Developer’s Perspective: What Makes Projects Work (or Not)?
• What Does Success Look Like for Your Community? – Facilitated Discussion
• Economic Development Services, Tools, and Resources