The New Worker Relocation Grant Program is fully subscribed at this time (10/07/2020). Our team is continuing to process applications submitted to date in the order they were received until all funds have been awarded*. The Agency of Commerce and Community Development and the Legislature will evaluate the possibility of additional funding for the continuation of the program when the legislature convenes in January. Please check back here for any program updates.
*Due to limited funding this does not guarantee all applications submitted to date will receive an award.
This page contains everything you need to know about the program. Below you will find information about eligibility criteria, how to apply, and frequently asked questions. Please read all the materials to determine whether you are eligible to apply.
The New Worker Relocation Grant Program application will be live on January 1, 2020.
The criteria outlined below will be used to determine eligibility for the New Worker Relocation Grant Program. Applicants must meet all criteria to be eligible.
An eligible applicant is someone who, on or after January 1, 2020
- Relocated to Vermont and became a full-time resident; and
- Became a full-time employee of a Vermont business; and
- Incurred qualified expenses; and
- Is employed in an occupation identified by the Vermont Department of Labor in its 2016–2026 Long Term Occupational Projections; and
- The wage for the position meets the minimum wage requirement.
How to Apply Online:
Before you begin your application, you must have:
- Employer information:
- Employer Name
- Employer Representative Name (this should be the hiring manager)
- Employer Representative e-mail address
- Employer Representative phone number
- Proof of residency documentation:
- Copy of your Vermont Driver’s License or Vermont Real ID
- Plus, two pieces of documentation from the list below that is in your name and includes your physical Vermont address. Street name and town must be listed.
- Housing lease or contract
- Utility bill with service address listed
- Property tax bill
- Homeowner/renter insurance
- Documentation in support of each qualifying New Worker Relocation Grant Program eligible expenses:
- Invoice and
- Proof of payment
(Documentation should be individual files to be uploaded during the completion of the application. 1 MB limit. Allowed types: pdf gif jpg jpeg png bmp tif tiff.)
Applications must be completed online with each supporting document uploaded. The application has two sections. The first section of the application is the employee section to be completed online by the applicant. Once the applicant has completed the employee section of the application, the application will be routed to the employer via e-mail.
The employer receives a unique link to the application and guidance on the program and the how-to complete the employer section. The employer completes the second section of the application with, the employer section.
The application is then submitted using the online application system for review. A completed application must include:
- Completed employee section
- Completed employer section
- Proof of residency documentation
- Documentation in support of each eligible expense
Upon submission, applicants will receive a unique ID they can use to check the status of their application. Once the application has been reviewed, if the application is approved the applicant will be issued a short survey and be asked to complete Forms W-9 and VT8821. If the application is not approved the applicant will receive a notification via email.