COVID-19 RRC: Ask a Question

Ask a Question | Use Our Automated Search Tool to Find Answers to Your Questions

COVID-19 RRC: Newsletter

Stay Informed | Subscribe to Our COVID-19 Economic and Community Response Newsletter

Essential Needs and Services

The following organizations can provide information and/or assistance related to food assistance, housing support, and more.

Vermont Food Bank

The Vermont Food Bank is working to provide hunger relief to all Vermonters. Local food shelves are working to make food accessible and safe. Find your local food shelf at or contact the Foodbank at 1-800-585-2265.

Hunger Free Vermont

Hunger Free Vermont has built a resource page for individuals and families seeking food assistance and with materials and resources to help with outreach and support for community members in need to help them connect with federal nutrition programs and benefits.

Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels provides hot meals to Vermonters over 60 years of age OR those under 60 with chronic conditions or disabilities. Meals on wheels are provided by Vermont's five Area Agencies on Aging partnering with local organizations to provide home delivered or congregate meals. For more information about what is available in your community call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119 or or visit their website.

Local School Districts

School Districts are providing school meals to children during the school closure. Contact your local school district for details.

Farm to Plate Network

The Farm to Plate Network is offering Community Food Access Consulting with communities who are starting to think through a food access project such as starting a community garden or farm, helping a food shelf connect with local producers, or other innovative strategies.

Local Community Action Agencies

Your local Community Action Agency can be a helpful partner in connecting to low income and vulnerable populations. Many offer a variety of services, ranging from emergency response to volunteer coordination, housing support, food and meals, heating assistance, and more. Find the CAP in your region.

Vermont Emergency Management

Vermont Emergency Management has published a list of who is considered an Essential Person in regards to the Executive Order regarding Childcare for Essential Service Providers. Families with Essential Persons who need help finding childcare can submit a webform for assistance in connecting them with options for childcare for their children (up to grade 8). Families can also call 2-1-1 ext. 6.

Let’s Grow Kids

Let’s Grow Kids has compiled a comprehensive list of resources for early childcare providers and parents.

Vermont Housing Finance Agency

The Vermont Housing Finance Agency is maintaining an up-to-date information center on COVID-19 and affordable housing in Vermont with resources for homebuyers and homeowners, rental housing, State updates, and national updates.

Area Agencies on Aging

Area Agencies on Aging serve adults 60 and over they can help provide information and assistance for seniors in the community. Find your local Area Agency on Aging.

AARP Vermont

AARP Vermont has created a comprehensive list of resources for seniors.  

Visit for more inspiration and information on living, working and doing business in Vermont.