The Department’s Community Investment package builds on Vermont’s planning and land use goals, Vermont’s popular state designation programs, and state infrastructure investments to revitalize communities and create more homes for all Vermonters.
- Exempt State Designated Downtowns and Neighborhoods from Act 250 Review
- One Stop State and Municipal Water / Wastewater Service Connections
- Modernize Municipal Regulations for Inclusive Housing
- Expand Tax Credits and Improve Rental Housing
- Small Grants to Rehabilitate Rental Housing
- Tax Incentives to Spur Housing Investment within Opportunity Zones
- Create Better Places Grant Program to Spark Community Revitalization