A conversation about planning that achieves the results desired by the community. We introduce the updated Vermont Planning Manual and discuss ways to create an inclusive process and a plan that meets statutory requirements while providing the town with clear and strategic direction. The webinar took place on February 15, 2017. Contact your local Regional Planning Commission for information about follow up events. Audio is missing for the first two slides of the recorded presentation that includes a welcome and introduction to the Department's Community Planning + Revitalization team. Links to resources mentioned in the webinar are provided below.
- Faith Ingulsrud, Planning Coordinator, Department of Housing and Community Development
- Regina Mahoney, Planning Program Manager, Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission
- Jason Rasmussen, Director of Planning, Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission
Links Mentioned in Webinar
- Vermont Planning Manual (See Appendix 2 for advice on municipal plans in permitting.)
- Enhanced Energy Planning Guidance
- Summary of 2016 State Legislative Revisions Affecting Planning and Development
- Vermont Planning Atlas (new town plan features to be added in future)
- Biofinder (tool for mapping natural resources including forest and habitat data)
- Municipal Planning Grant Project Examples (work plans, budgets and deliverables from a number of recently completed municipal planning projects to help inspire and inform your planning efforts)
Tell Us How We Did
Share your thoughts on the webinar content and format and offer suggestions for future training topics by completing a quick post webinar evaluation.