EB5.vermont.gov | Vermont EB5 Regional Center
- VRC provides the oversight and infrastructure required by USCIS allowing businesses located in Vermont, or seeking to locate in Vermont, to access the EB-5 program without added cost or administrative burden.
- Businesses who are approved for an EB5 project under the Vermont EB5 Regional Center benefit from the added credibility that a state run EB5 regional center provides.
- Investors are ensured that Vermont EB5 Regional Center projects are monitored by an independent and qualified regulatory authority - DFR.
- In addition, nearly the entire state qualifies under the EB-5 regional center program, which grants investors the same visa green card benefit as the standard EB-5 program, but requires only half the minimum investment and has lesser job creation requirements.
- State Oversight — VRC monitors all Vermont EB-5 projects for compliance with USCIS EB-5 regulations and policy guidance. This partnership reaffirms Vermont’s dedication to first-rate regulation and exceptional oversight in all aspects of financial services.
Reviews — State officials visit the EB-5 projects on a quarterly basis to monitor not only the progress of development, but also to provide any kind of help and support that an EB-5 project may need to further implement the visa program.
Pre-approval of Projects — VRC officials must review and pre-approve each and every EB-5 Project to utilize the Vermont State Regional Center designation. Upon approval of each EB-5 project, VRC requires the business to enter into a “Memorandum of Understanding” with the State which imposes strict covenants and obligations upon the business.
Credibility — VRC has a long record of success and takes a long view for multiple successful projects, rather than seeking a single lucrative project. Moreover, Vermont’s EB-5 programs create jobs right where the policy makers want them, not in a gerrymandered geography linking high and low unemployment areas, but right where the jobs are needed.
- Minimum investment per investor is $500,000 (opposed to $1 million for standard EB-5 projects).
- The EB5 Visa project must create 10 direct and indirect jobs per investor (opposed to 10 direct jobs for "Direct" EB-5 projects).
Investor Flow Chart
- It is a for-profit enterprise;
The project is an at-risk investment;
And, if your business qualifies as a “troubled business”, additional incentives may be available if the business has had a net loss of at least 20% of net worth during the 12 or 24 month period prior to EB5 visa project approval.
Instructions For Potential EB5 Projects
- At the earliest possible stage, contact VRC to disclose your interest in an EB5 investment project and receive further detailed instructions regarding required materials for proposed project review.
- At the earliest possible stage, contact securities and immigration counsel experienced in working with EB5 projects that have been accepted by a USCIS approved regional center.
Track Record Highlights
- As of YTD 2015, approximately $563M EB-5 capital raised for approximately fifteen projects. Click here for a list of current EB-5 Projects seeking investors.
- Received I-526 approvals for approximately 771 investors and their families.
- Received successful I-829 approvals for more than 355 investor families.
- Seven different new enterprise projects have received I-829 approvals to date.
Disclaimer: The State of Vermont, the Department, and any of its officers or employees do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published in this web site, do not endorse any products or services linked to or from this web site, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information, or losses caused by or related to such products or services. Portions of the information contained in this web site may not be correct or current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this web site does so at his/her or its own risk.
*Warning: The Vermont EB5 Regional Center is NOT affiliated in any way with the following private business: Rapid USA Visas, Inc. of Naples, Florida or its website "EB5Vermont.com"