EB5.vermont.gov | Vermont EB5 Regional Center
WARNING: The Vermont EB5 Regional Center is NOT affiliated in any way with the following private business: Rapid USA Visas, Inc. of Naples, Florida or its website "EB5Vermont.com".
EB5.vermont.gov - The official website for the Vermont EB5 Regional Center
The EB-5 program is a federal investment visa program run by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The goal of the EB5 program is to incent investment and create American jobs by setting aside a pool of EB5 visa green cards for qualified foreign investors that invest capital into approved EB-5 projects. U.S. companies are able to use this investment for projects that meet the program's eligibility criteria, such as business expansions, development, or adding capacity.
Vermont EB5 Regional Center’s Unique Advantage
In addition, nearly the entire state qualifies under the EB-5 regional center program, which grants investors the same visa green card benefit as the standard EB-5 program, but requires only half the minimum investment and has lesser job creation requirements.
Why EB-5 Investors Choose Vermont?
- State Oversight—The Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) monitors the Vermont EB-5 projects for compliance with USCIS EB-5 regulations.
- Reviews—State officials visit the EB-5 projects on a quarterly basis to monitor not only the progress of development, but also to provide any kind of help and support that an EB-5 project may need to further implement the visa program.
- Pre-approval of projects—ACCD officials must review and approve each and every EB-5 Project to utilize the Vermont State Regional Center designation. Upon VT State approval of each EB-5 project, the state requires the business to enter into a “Memorandum of Understanding” with the State which imposes strict covenants and obligations upon the business.
- Credibility—The Vermont EB5 Regional Center has a long record of success and takes a long view for multiple successful projects, rather than seeking a single lucrative project.
Vermont EB-5 Visa Program Project Criteria
- Minimum investment per investor is $500,000 (opposed to $1 million for standard EB-5 projects)
- The EB5 Visa project must create 10 direct and indirect jobs per investor (opposed to 10 direct jobs for "Direct" EB-5 projects)
Together, these advantages differentiate the Vermont EB5 Regional Center’s projects from other EB5 Visa projects across the U.S., making approved Vermont EB5 Visa projects attractive options for foreign investors seeking visas for themselves and their immediate family members. Many EB5 visa investors seek the program so their children may attend college in the United States. For foreign investors looking for freedom and flexibility to live, work or retire in the United States, in a way accommodating to their lifestyles, the EB-5 Visa investor category can provide an excellent opportunity to accomplish this goal by obtaining visa green cards.
An EB5 visa green card provides permanent residency for the applicant, his or her spouse and any offspring under the age of 21.
Emigrating to the United States via the EB-5 visa allows an investor and his or her family to live, work or retire anywhere within the United States.
The Vermont EB5 Regional Center currently has a variety of approved EB-5 Regional Center projects currently seeking EB5 Visa investors. Vermont’s EB5 Regional Center is well positioned to take advantage of this program to support growing businesses, and has established an outstanding track record. The first step is determining if your project is eligible for the EB-5 Visa program.
Your business may be eligible for the EB-5 Visa program if:
- It is a for-profit enterprise
- The project is an at-risk investment
- The project is located outside of the Burlington/South Burlington MSA*
Troubled Business Status
Additional incentives may be available if your business has had a net loss of at least 20% of net worth during the 12 or 24 month period prior to EB5 visa project approval.
Instructions for Potential EB5 Projects
- Do not advertise, market or communicate in any manner (print, internet, or other written or verbal means of communication) to anyone that an EB5 project exists, is being proposed, or being planned until after a written Memorandum of Understanding has been signed and fully executed between the project developer and the Vermont Regional Center.
- At the earliest possible stage, contact the Vermont Regional Center to disclose your interest in an EB5 investment project and receive further detailed instructions.
- At the earliest possible stage, contact securities and immigration attornies experienced in working with EB5 projects that have been accepted by a USCIS approved regional center.
Business Growth, Expansion and Site Location Capital Resource
The Vermont EB-5 Regional Center provides the opportunity to expand or locate within Vermont with a low cost and patient capital resource program.