Creative enterprises thrive in Vermont -- film and new media, software and game development, advertising and marketing, the manufacturing arts -- all occupy a growing footprint in the new economy. Growth in these areas provides well-payed, skilled jobs that are critical to the state’s economic future.
Vermont's Office of Creative Economy works to remove barriers to economic growth, support networking opportunities, provide guidance on business development, connect creatives, and brighten the spotlight on Vermont's creative output.
The Office can assist with:
- Information on in-state incentives, including VEDA and VEGI programs
- With the Department of Labor identify specialized workforce skills in a geographical region or field (e.g. computer science)
- Office space, broadband availability, sources of loan capital, and workforce training for start-ups
- Internship, workforce and research needs
- Public-private partnerships among and across cultural organizations
- Networking opportunities through place-based and online resources